HAMMOND HAPPENINGS 2019
For more community connections see www.facebook.com/pamburtonhammondtownclerk
Proposed New Town Office at 21 S Main St:
- NYS “Learn to Swim” Program 2019 –Keewaydin Pool
- Session 2: July 22nd – August 2nd Monday-Thursday 10am to Noon
- Permission Slips at Hammond Central School 315-324-5931 – Questions for Keewaydin Park office at: (315) 482-3331.
- July 19th – Friday Evening Concert – “Blue Country” – 6:30-8:30 PM – Free to Public – Bring a lawn chair-Chippewa Bay Community Club
- July 20- Fireman’s Field Days
- July 20- HAMMOND BARN QUILT TRAIL BUS TOUR! Saturday 1-2:30, Departs from and Returns to the Iva Smith Memorial Gallery
- July 26th – “Geocaching Treasure Hunt on Chippewa Bay Preserve Trail” – 10am-12 Noon – Free to public – Sponsored by Thousand Island Land Trust (TILT) and Community Club
- July 26th – Friday Evening Concert – “Chippewa Breeze” – 6:30-8:30 PM – Free to Public – Bring a lawn chair. Chippewa Bay Community Club
- July 27th – “Christmas in July Painting Class” – 9:30-11:30 am – Paint Christmas balls with River theme – Patty VanPatten, Instructor – $15 donation- materials provided – To register: email@example.com
- July 28- Sunday 5 PM THE BAROQUE ORGAN OF CHASE LOOMER (Yellow Barn Concert Series) Tickets: $10.– at the door, children 12 and younger free, Iva Smith Memorial Gallery
- August 1st – Friday Evening Concert – “Northbound” – 6:30-8:30 PM – Free to Public – Bring a lawn chair-Chippewa Bay Community Club
- August 2nd – Thursday Lecture Series – “Restoring the Tern Population in Chippewa” – Dr. Lee Harper, Presenter – 7:00 PM – Free to Public.Chippewa Bay Community Club
- August 3rd – “Canvas and Coffee” – 9:30-11:30 am- Paint an “Old River Boathouse” scene – $25 donation – Rob Pandina, Instructor – To register: chippewacommunity firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 3- Saturday BARN QUILT PARTY! Hammond Barn Quilt Trail in collaboration with TAUNY, Details TBA, Iva Smith Memorial Gallery
- August 8th – Thursday Lecture Series – “A2A Algonquin to Adirondack Collaborative” – Alex French, Presenter – 7:00 PM – Free to Public-Chippewa Bay Community Club
- August 9- Friday SCOTTISH MUSIC WORKSHOPS AND CEILIDH with the STEEL CITY ROVERS, Details TBA, Iva Smith Memorial Gallery of Fine Arts, 627 State Hwy 37
- August 10 – Scottish Festival at the museum, 10am-4pm- Ongoing events throughout the day: Highland Game demonstrations with the Tughill Heavies, various vendors, blacksmithing, spinning & weaving.
- August 10 – 8:30 AM “Wee Lads and Lassies” Fun Run at Hammond School. 9:15 AM: Bagpiper leads procession of 5K runners from school to St. Lawrence Avenue. 9:30 AM: 5K Kilt Run on County Route 6. For further details visit www.hammondmuseum.com
- August 10- Hammond School 1969 Alumni 50th Class Reunion at Bella Brooke Winery – Call Marilyn Hunter at 315-324-5743 for more info or to reserve a seat.
- August 11- Sunday 7 PM AROUND THE CAMPFIRE; SING-ALONG AND S’MORES with BARB HELLER (Yellow Barn Concert Series) Bring a food pantry donation of an item or cash, any amount), Iva Smith Memorial Gallery
- August 15th – Thursday Lecture Series – “Report on Shoreline Resilience Study” – John Tenbusch, St. Lawrence County Planning Office, Presenter – 7:00 PM – Free to Public-Chippewa Bay Community Club
- August 17- Paddle for a Purpose
- August 18- Sunday 6 PM OLD FASHIONED ICE CREAM SOCIAL WITH ENTERTAINMENT BY ACAPELLA NORTH, Raffle Baskets & More! Fund-raiser for Hammond Presbyterian Church kitchen
- August 23, Friday THE ART OF DINING w/ Music of Harpist JANET WITMAN and Star-Gazing with Astrophotographer KEVIN WITMAN, Plus a Pop-Up Astro-Photography Exhibition!!! Iva Smith Memorial Gallery of Fine Arts
- Aug. 24 – Hammond Barn Quilt Trail Bus Tour
- August 24-25, Sat. & Sun. THE CELESTIAL HARP OF JANET WITMAN: Workshops for Harpists. Call or write for Schedule and Registration Information. Iva Smith Memorial Gallery of Fine Arts
- August 24- Saturday, 7 PM OPEN-MIC with JANET WITMAN, EMCEE and STAR-GAZING with KEVIN WITMAN, Iva Smith Memorial Gallery of Fine Arts
- August 25- Sunday, 5 PM ASTRAL HARP! A multi-media event by husband and wife team, Kevin and Janet Witman Both nationally known for their work in astrophotography and “out of this world” harp playing! Together they present a stunning program of jazzy harp music, stunning photography and engaging light lecture. DON’T MISS IT! Tickets: $10.–(Yellow Barn Concert Series) children 12 and younger free, Iva Smith Memorial Gallery of Fine Arts
- September 1- Fish and Game Club Corn Roast
- September 7- Saturday 7 PM ATKINSON FAMILY BAND, LEGENDARY BLUEGRASS!!! (Yellow Barn Concert Series), Iva Smith Memorial Gallery of Fine Arts, Tickets: $10.– at the door, children 12 and younger free.
- September 13-14- Hammond 4-H and FFA Fair
- September 20- Friday 6PM MURDER MYSTERY IN THE BARN (A WPBS Fundraising Event). EEEK!!! Details TBA. Iva Smith Memorial Gallery of Fine Arts.
- Saturdays- ZUMBA, 9am, Hammond Central School
- Hammond Farmer’s Market Wednesday-June 19- September 18, 2019
- Singer Castle Tours
- Chippewa Bay Maritime Museum
- Mah Jong Mondays– June 17- Sept 9, 10am-Noon, Free Registeremail@example.com
- Thursday Morning Yoga-Sept. 5- Thursday Morning Yoga – Gentle Class- 9-10:15am; Intermediate Class- 10:30-11:45am. Jane O’Neill, Instructor – To register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for Involvement:
- Hammond Historical Museum 315-324-5032.
- Scottish Festival at the Hammond Historical Museum – If anyone wants to be on the committee or help for the day, reply or call 315-528-4742
- THE IVA SMITH MEMORIAL GALLERY OF FINE ART, 627 State Highway 37, Hammond, NY 136467Evelyn Saphier, Gallery Directorwww.ivasmithgallery.com 718.753.7947